My husband has come home on probation. He has no restrictions that prohibit him from being around children, but Protective Services comes around weekly, telling me I have to submit to a home inspection or else they will take away my children by a prior marriage, and put them in foster care. Can they really do that?

It is possible that they can – but in most jurisdictions the standard for removal of children is that Protective Services must be able to prove that the child is suffering some form of abuse or neglect. Simply having a registrant in the household would not meet that standard in and of itself. However, that might not stop Protective Services from contacting your supervising officer and requesting the imposition of restrictions.

Help us reach more people by Sharing or Liking this post.