Where can I move so I don’t have to register?

Moving to other jurisdictions to avoid registration is probably not an option. Most states have catch-all provisions in their registration laws that require a new arrival to register if that person is obligated to register in the convicting state. If you move and choose not to register, it is possible that the feds would prosecute you under the AWA’s “Interstate Travel” clause, which states that a person who travels across state lines (after enactment of the AWA) must keep his/her registration current. The federal penalty for a conviction is quite severe.

Help us reach more people by Sharing or Liking this post.