You are here

Registry officers have come to my door, along with US Marshalls, and asked to inspect my home. I am no longer under probation/ parole supervision! Can I tell them “no?”

Absolutely you can tell them no, but only if you’ve completed all supervision. In order to enter a non-supervised person’s home, a law enforcement officer needs either a warrant, or the person’s permission. Remember, though, that your housemate or a family member might unknowingly open the door and invite them in. At that point, arguably they have been granted permission to enter the residence.