I had to manage my mother’s funeral and was late registering. Now they’ve charged me with a new felony offense and tell me could spend up to five years in jail or on probation. What should I do? Is there any way out of this?

As a general rule, you should always have competent legal counsel when facing criminal charges. Maybe you will get a reasonable prosecutor who will consider the circumstances and choose not to proceed. Even if you are formally charged with and convicted of a registry violation, however, most courts do not impose the maximum sentence, and at the state level often impose probation.

Help us reach more people by Sharing or Liking this post.