I didn’t actually commit a crime! My attorney said I had a choice between taking the plea or facing an unsympathetic judge/jury and getting huge amounts of jail time. Can’t I withdraw my plea?

Withdrawal of a guilty plea is possible but extremely difficult. You would have to be willing to hire a lawyer, present lots of solid evidence that establishes your actual innocence that was not available at the time of your plea, and hope that the judge/jury is more sympathetic than your original lawyer predicted. In other words, it’s a crap shoot.

Help us reach more people by Sharing or Liking this post.