I am receiving letters from someone who is threatening harm to me, calling me a pervert and worse. He has also posted signs all around my block ‘warning’ people about me. Should I call the police?

Many states have language in their registry laws that prohibit such conduct, and provide for both civil and criminal penalties. If you can prove that a particular person is engaging in such behavior, you should certainly file a complaint. Filing a police report provides documentation of the harassment which you might later need in court. However, do not expect a robust response from the police, due to your status as a registrant.

Help us reach more people by Sharing or Liking this post.