In September of 2016, NARSOL launched a project with the goal of creating dynamic, self-sustaining support groups around the country, specifically for registered citizens and their adult family members and closest friends who are impacted by our draconian sexual offense laws.
These groups are much MORE than support groups, however; their goal is two-fold. First, to provide a strong community for persons who find themselves marginalized and ostracized by our society at large, bringing hope and empowerment. Second, to educate group members on such wide-ranging topics as advocacy, self-improvement, and civil rights. The ultimate goal is to empower registrants and their loved ones to succeed in spite of our society’s restraints, so that they may become a part of the solution. Meetings contain two key components: a presentation of some sort that will inspire and educate Fearless members, and a sharing/discussion component where members can apply what they have heard, connect with one another, and build community.
A Fearless Manifesto
- I will take responsibility for my current situation and future progress.
- I refuse to believe there is nothing I can do. I refuse to complain.
- I refuse to be silent in the face of state sanctioned hatred, in the face of laws designed to destroy me and my family.
- I have paid the legally prescribed penalty for my offense, and refuse to be broken by an unforgiving system.
- If I can’t find work, I will become an entrepreneur who hires other Registered Citizens.
- If someone refuses to rent to me, I will educate them and create an opportunity for change.
- Whenever possible, I will boycott and educate businesses that would not hire a Registered Citizen, in hope of change.
- I will not be a victim, and I will learn to stand on my own.
- I will not let my past dictate my future; nor let a label rob me of my dignity. Who I am today can change hearts and minds tomorrow.
Interested in starting a group in your area? Just want to know more about the project? Here is a pamphlet with more information. Watch our conference panel discussing what it takes to lead a Fearless Group. Contact us to request a starter packet of materials which includes printable pdfs of the following documents:
- Instructions for group leaders
- Pamphlet to share with members and interested persons
- Meeting rules sheet
- Manifesto bookmarks
- Manifesto cards