The support help line

See update at Resources>Support Hotline

November 1st Women Against Registry took what was formerly known as the SOSEN Hotline and transitioned it to a ray of hope for registrants and families alike.  We have, to date, thirteen folks who have volunteered; eight of those have been officially trained and are responding to calls in real time and emails as received.  The new goal in response time is 6 hours. The helpline is sponsored by RSOL, SOSEN and W.A.R., and donations can be made through the Paypal link or P.O. Box on W.A.R.’s website.

In the first 14 days, our volunteers have responded to 24 calls or emails, and where an email is available, links to the support organizations are sent as well as information sought by the initiator of the request.

We do have a Methods and Procedures Guide as well as a Resource Guide to help us to deliver the best possible service and to begin educating these folks in advocacy, not only for this specific situation but also for advocacy for our cause on a broader scale.  We are also tracking all calls, requests, and responses.

Additionally, we have a Project Manager whom we have asked to devote 6 months to compiling a useable list of businesses who will hire registrants and possible housing options to be used by our helpline volunteers, as these are the two things most frequently sought.

Pass it on….Support Line: 1-800-773-4319, and email is hotline@thesupporthotline.org

Vicki Henry, President
Women Against Registry

someone outside of NARSOL

Written by 

Occasionally we will share articles that have been published elsewhere. This is a common practice as long as only a portion of the piece is shared; a full piece is very occasionally shared with permission. In either case, the author's name and the place of original publication are displayed prominently and with links.

3 Thoughts to “The support help line”

1. AvatarJayne L. Sergent

I’m so happy to see this site exists. I have a friend who was 20 and had sex with his 17 year old girlfriend and her parents had him prosecuted. I’ve sent him your web address. I am not able to donate at this time, but I certainly would if I could afford to. Violent sex offenders with repeated convictions are one thing, but what is being done to young people who have consensual sex is outrageous. In KY, there’s a picture of a “sex offender” who has been DEAD for 10 or more years. His conviction occurred when he was young and in love with a younger person. I wish you much success in your endeavors to end this
    devastating law.

2. AvatarAdam

Im in indiana and im in a motel i have to register as a sex offender me and my wife moved here so she could get a job at tyson foods and i get a ssi check i payed the lady in advance and once i registered she told me i have to leave she is trying to keep my money and i dont know where to find housing here in logansport indiana can you please help

3. AvatarElle

My Son has a bit of time left on his 8 year sentence. I have just learned the additional conditions being added to what we already had. I cannot imagine a single reason to keep living for either of us. There is no point to trying to do this anymore.

Comments are closed.