Reply To: Atlanta RSOL Conference 2016 take-away: Whose voice is missing?

Maestro

Greg,

I am sooooooooooooooooo confused by your post. I have no idea what the LGBT community has to do with the topic here. Sex offenses do happen in ALL communities but what is this LGBT or “gay agenda” everyone is talking about?
I am part of the LGBT (I’m a bisexual male and have no shame of it. I find both women and *some types of* males attractive. You can possibly say I simply find beauty in human beings) …anyway, I for one am not part of any “agenda”. I don’t have an agenda and I’m not so sure the gay community does either.
I believe the word “agenda” was thrown out there by non-LGBT folks in order to have something else negative to say to justify simply not allowing people to be who they are. If asking for acceptance and to be left the hell alone by those who don’t like human on human love is considered an “agenda” then so be it.
No one has the right to throw their religious beliefs down other people’s throats and I feel THAT is part of the reason the LGBT community has finally put their foot down about. So it get referred to as “an agenda”. No. It’s LIVE AND LET LIVE.
Not accepting the fact that we’re not all the same (we’re not puppets and robots) is what caused this “agenda” everyone speaks of.
It’s no different than harassing those who are in interracial relationships because in the minds of some folks, love is not based on happiness with another person, it’s supposed to be based on SAME RACE, opposite sex, good income, and any other superficial thing people come together for.
Perhaps the divorce rate wouldn’t be so high if people married out of TRUE LOVE rather than trying to make their parents happy by marrying the law student or the boy who comes from a wealthy family and has a yacht to show off to the would-be-bride.