Reply To: Let’s Get Fearless! / Jones and panel

Erika

The “fearless group” is a great idea (having 20 years interpersonal and social experience with this issue), however it has been my experience that what ends up happening is we end up ‘Singing to the Choir’ and left ‘feeling withdrawn’ e.g. you have probationers who only want to discuss probationer issues etc… And what ends up happening is you get lost in the confusion of getting no where fast because nobody is on topic and wants to fight their own personal issue… NRSOL is not a counseling center it is an advocacy-activist group from my clearest understanding? Although it may encompass other related facets of different types of advocacy.

We can voice and share our personal issues gripes etc.. But what good is it, if you cannot do anything about it?

It has to change something? “Activist” means “ACTION” “Advocacy” means “PERSISTENT DEDICATION”

What matters is where the policing powers come from i.e. the “Judicial Branch of Government” I really think that the main focus of these groups should be to ensure work on projects is maintained and liable (acute prioritization/stays active) on the judicial and legislative ends i.e. producing research papers (legislative handouts) and producing customized Motions* to file Amicus Curiae* Briefs & Intervenor* Briefs on cases in the the courts; this should be the FOCUS and PRIMARY GOAL of NSROL and affiliates, all else is a SECONDARY GOAL.

Without this type of infrastructure (back-bone) it would be absolutely fruitless to even exist? The research is on our side it just needs to be put in terms the lay-person can understand? Politics should not rule over human & constitutional (civil rights) violations…

*footnotes:

FRCP Rule 24. Intervention

5 CFR § 1201.34 Intervenors and amicus curiae.