Reply To: Registration policies increase danger

Lovecraft

This may sound kind of messed up, but sometimes I think living in prison is way easier. I have my own house and still have friends, family, and a good support structure etc, but outside it’s like I get to watch other people live while I get this pseudo life. I can’t really connect to anyone or stay connected (social media), find any sort of fulfilling employment, joy has been removed from all the little things that mattered, and I feel like I have to constantly look over my shoulder (not because I’m doing something wrong, but just because that’s how society feels about us). In prison it is much easier to know what the rules are and everyone has access to the same things. Out here it has gotten to a point between the premise restrictions, social media bans, etc that the life we have after parole really isn’t a life worth having. If (I) we are so dangerous that I have to have all these restrictions like not being able to go to the movies or Chick-fil-A then why am I free? He’ll I didn’t even have a hands on crime, but that doesn’t stop the government from using bad data to forecast future offenses to justify lengthy registration.