Reply To: Operation “Over-the-top” | Rounding up American citizens

david

Thank you Lin and Ron for your responses. I’m not sure what would qualify for a legal defense of entrapment…the way I see it is if one has not been breaking the law, and had no intention of doing so- until a cop provides an opportunity and encouragement to break the law, then I feel it’s entrapment.

As far as stings…way i understand it, to be legal stings are only to be used to stop ongoing criminal activity. So if i HAD been operating a child sex trafficking ring, then it would have been OK to use a sting to arrest me. But if that was the case, wouldn’t I have been the one posting the ads? To advertise my teenage sex slaves or whatever?

Thanks again for listening….

I suppose that’s why i was labeled a child sex trafficker. To legitimize their illegal sting and to inflate the statistics of internet sex predators. This particular backwoods county has received MILLIONS in federal aid for their ICAC unit. I’ve looked it up. As far as I can tell, almost all ICAC arrests have been the result of stings.

I was “lucky” in that i received jail instead of prison. One man in my area got 13 years (!) for the same charges. For talking to a cop!