Reply To: Operation “Over-the-top” | Rounding up American citizens

david

Over the Top, indeed.

I was arrested in a bait and switch with a top-secret sounding name. The chief of police, basking in the limelight, completely embellished the facts so as to make it as scary sounding as possible.

What started off as me clicking on a craigslist ad posted by an adult turned into me being part of a “child sex trafficking ring”. I was one of “hundreds” who responded to the ad posted “by children”. The original ad listed their age as 18- after you responded then they said they were underage. It was the “casual encounters” section. Of course the ad got attention. Not my finest moment but, really, not the worst either. I had never done anything like that before and I really didn’t have a plan. Seems like entrapment. Also, i resent the way everyone just makes the assumption about what my intentions were. With an imaginary person!

There were no ads posted by children. No sex trafficking ring. No children. Just cops pretending to be teenagers.

I’m sick of lawmakers and cops using our misery to grandstand and re-enforce the illusion that we are monsters.