Reply To: Supreme Court asks for input of Solicitor General; what does this mean?

Fred
Fred
Admin

I apologize for being so negative. I am one of those people who got my hopes up too high and was really let down this morning and I needed to vent. I probably should have kept my thoughts to myself.
It is not hopeless. One of the things the Solicitor General often considers is whether or not the lower court was divided in its ruling. In this case they were not. 3 judges from the 6th agreed on the ruling. Then when the state asked for review by the full court, they were told no. So the Supreme Court doesn’t need to help straighten out a divided ruling, and there is a reasonable chance the Solicitor General will point that out.
There is still some reason for concern though, and my main intention for posting the comment below was to make sure everyone is prepared in case it doesn’t go the way we hope and maybe motivate us to find a way to make our concerns heard before the decision is made.
The pattern for me lately seems to be, when I get my hopes up I get let down. So now I am applying a little reverse psychology on myself, but again I should had kept that to myself. I am sorry.