Reply To: Packingham: Unanimous Court strikes NC’s social media ban

Kendal

Ok, eenie meeny miney moe, I will put this reply here….

So something that has struck me recently, is that when all the decisions that registration was not punitive were made, registration was different. It was simply a list that you had to keep the information current on, true it still felt a little punitive, but in reality, it was just administrative. Then started the restrictions. You can’t live here, you can’t go there, you can’t you can’t you can’t. This has made registration punitive, and someone needs to bring this up to the idiots that still believe it is not punitive. I have personally told the police when I registered, and they started telling me what I could and could not do, that they would not do that. I will do what I want, when I want, and if they have a problem with it, then we will go to court. And so far, nothing has happened. I even stuck in their face when a good friend of mine lived with me and the police tried to tell me to so’s could not live together. I reminded them that makes it punitive and therefore unconstitutional. They left, we continued to live together for 6 months until he got married.

When I was convicted, I gave up three rights, the right to bear arms, the right to vote and the right to be on a jury. Now, 25 years later, they have restore 2 of those rights, and if I really wanted to own a gun I would go after the third. That being said, my rights to travel, and especially to seek life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness have not been given up and will not be given up. It may be a battle, but I have been fighting it for 25 years now.

Yes, I am on a tirade this morning, but I am right. Make restrictions, and the registration becomes punitive, and if the registration becomes punitive, then ex post facto jumps in. It is really that simple.

And btw, I do have an attorney now working on this very thing to not only get me off registration, but to make it as if I was never on it. Let’s hope for the best.