Reply To: Covid-19 still wreaking havoc and fear behind prison walls.

Ed

I was incarcerated at FCI Seagoville from 2008-2010 and was part of the second group of men to complete the Sex Offender Management Program for low offenders. The treatment program was Behavioral Cognitive. I spoke to many of my fellow prisoners there about what I had done. It allowed me not to have to lie to protect my life and most of them appreciated that. I understand how things could easily have gotten out of hand. I had my gall bladder taken out a few years after I left the facility, because I suffered from Pancreatitis. One day after I had left the hospital where I needed 13 stitches in my mouth after someone punched me in the face, I had a bout of Pancreatitis and upon going back to the hospital they diagnosed my gall bladder issue. I had a few bouts of the pain while I was at FCI Seagoville. One whole night of pain and a trip to see the person on duty overnight, they would not allow me to go to the hospital. I was given Pepto Bismol the next morning after the pain subsided. You have to be almost dead before they allow prisoners to go to the hospital. I am praying for everyone at FCI Seagoville. I am now a volunteer cook at a homeless shelter that is considered essential so we practice mask use and social distancing every day.