Reply To: Cato Inst. files amicus brief to Supreme Court in ex post facto case

Sampson

Freedom and Jim, my sentiments exactly…you hit the nail on the head:

“When I think of civil law, the penalties consist of fines, cease and decist orders, etc….If this is truly a civil thing, there should be no jail time if you accidentally forget to jump through the ever number of increasing hoops that registrants are supposed to jump through…Plus, if it’s civil, why are all these laws codified in the criminal statues of all states?”

“The biggest question I have is, if this being added to the registry after sentencing and the registry not being a punishment. Why Can We Be Arrested For Not Following It”

The judges sitting on SCOTUS are there for a lifetime unless they resign or die, so they have nothing to lose by doing the right, moral thing and resuscitating the Constitution as it regards registrants. They are getting a second chance to right their wrong from 2003…will they have the spine to stare down a vindictive society and grandstanding politicians, and turn America back from this dark road it has traveled down? We’ve already been there, done that…the Salem witch hunts…the Scarlet Letter…homosexuals…Jews…Japanese internment camps…have we not learned anything from history??! Will SCOTUS justices be like our current POTUS and not give a sh*t what anyone thinks about them? We shall see.

#SCOTUS #POTUS #SupremeCourt #SexOffenders #Registry #Cato #ExPostFactor