Reply To: PA state police arrests for sex offense registry infractions skyrocket

Emil Basista

I have a question.When are the situations people put themselves in going to be talked about.When I was incarcerated my life stopped.I had a chance to take a good look at my goings on.I decided I was TOTALLY wrong and going down the wrong road.I took necessary steps to change my life.This included to study the word of God and get baptized. I decided I was listening to Satan and decided to try God and his way.To make it short I have been out of prison 19 years without a single problem.Yes I have to register for life as a predator.I put paper in an envelope instead of money and got a rape case. I am married.My wife new me before I went in and stuck with me.She dais she saw more good in me than bad and that God,her,and myself would work and get through this.Guess what,it is working great.My new family is my congregation and they are in full support. We are totally happy.This is what has worked FOR ME. Married people go to bars and things without each other. Extra marital affairs are said to strengthen a marriage. I can go on.This doesn’t mean a woman deserves to be raped.A woman should NEVER be sexually abused.but If people would quit putting themselves in situations where these things happen,trouble would not be there. Sex offender labels do nothing to protect the public.They are just political stones to cover the legal peoples back end.I will end with what I have learned. ” Don’t be afraid of those who can kill the body”.God has something special for all of us if we will just take the time to listen to him.