Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court – Discussion Continued

terry brunson

@ 8th grade kids

I am terry brunson – i am glad that you are up on the SORNA fight. If I can clarify the issue you may understand better.

Pa.’s main sex offender law is SORNA which was enacted on 12-20-12

Before SORNA was Megan’s Law 1 , 2, and 3

Mr. J. Muniz appealed on SORNA issue that SORNA was applied to him in an expost facto retroactive way that increased his registration in time from 10 years to life time with 4 times a year report verification.

Muniz won his case on July 19 2017 and because of his case win so many others won too.

Now the Muniz decision has been undermined by the Pa. Assembly, They don’t want all people to take advantage of Muniz’s win so the Pa Assembly enacted an amendment to SORNA as subchapter “I” calling for former Megan’s Law 1, 2, and 3 people to register under new ACT 10 and ACT 29

ACT 10 and ACT 29 are new laws that are illegal because the Pa. Statutory construction Act says that expired Law cannot be made alive again. Only repealed law can with a savings clause. The Pa. Assembly made no savings clause for Old Megan’s Laws. SORNA 9799.41 expired all the former Megan’s Laws.

ACT 10 and ACT 29 wants to use the old Megan’s Laws to recapture Pre-SORNA people to have then stuck on the registry forever, or until their 10 years is up.

But the truth is that on 10-20-12 when SORNA took effect all former Megan’s Laws expired and was done. All former Megan’s Law people were to be let off the registry. 17,000 people This being an election year the PSP and DA’s and PAG’s hit the roof that 17,000 people have to be let off the registry They have to move with a quickness to close the off load of the registry.

The PSP appealed to the Judicial Committee asking for 9 to 18 months to review all the sex offenders in Pa, and all that are to get relief by Muniz they will let they off only.

Butler is another case that is to go before the PASC court in 30 days it is a PSP appeal to the PASC on SVP hearings are unfair and unconstitutional. That is as much as I can tell you to bring you up to speed on what is going on right now.

I have a case before the Commonwealth court at case docket 339 MD 2018 that is set to make history in Pa on the Expired Law of former Megan’s Laws being used to recapture pre=SORNA people. You cannot not use expired law to hold people to ACT 10 and ACT 29 under a case called Weaver V. Graham.

ACT 10 and ACT 29 both are Expost facto and applied in a retroactive way the PSP and Pa Assembly think that they can apply ACT 10 and ACT 29 in a retroactive way because it is civil and not punitive.

But Act 10 and ACT 29 are punitive in retrictive is these ways

1. Servitude – the ACT 10 and ACT 29 make people slaves to a PSP worker who gets paid to take your information you have to take off from work and be a slave reporting to the PSP

2. The PSP force you in to a contract to agree to give all your information by a threat of cohesion of jail if you don’t comply.

3. The ACT 10 and ACT 29 are both invalid amendments against 1 Pa. C.S. 1971(a) and 1922, and 1928

4. The reputation of shaming in protected liberty interest violation of Pa. Constitution Art. 1 Sec 1

5. Boader line cruel punishment in sex offenders done finished their time in jail now they are force to report to the PSP as if it is like being on probation or parole. against the Pa. Constitution Art 1 sec 13
6. ACT 10 and ACT 29 are Expost Facto and applied to call for the use of EXPIRED former Megan’s Law. Expired means Expired.