Reply To: NARSOL to GoFundMe: Take down that campaign

Glen

Hi Fred, hope you’re doing well. My apology, in advance, but I’m not sure where else to post this but I feel it may apply to many NC registrants.

Recently, an attorney (Sneha Shah) with the ACLU contacted me regarding a complaint that I had filed. My complaint was regarding compliance checks by county officers, inwhich they are telling registrants they must come inside their homes (check their closets to see if they have clothes in them, see if there are pictures of the registrants inside the home, etc) to verify that they actually do live there. This has happened to me on several occasions. When I have contested, they have insisted and say that they are required to. I’m not on probation, parole, etc. My charge occured 17 years ago, and my probation term was completed 2 years later.

In any event, the attorney from ACLU is asking if anyone else here in NC is experiencing similar forced searches. If so, please contact her at sshah@acluofnc.org a brief discription of your experience.

Again, Fred I apologize but I’m just not sure where else to post this. Thank you.