Reply To: NARSOL to GoFundMe: Take down that campaign

Fred
Fred
Admin

GoFundMe makes it clear that they have no rules and will ignore any complaints, unless the campaign is illegal or fraudulent. What we are doing is asking GoFundMe to change their policy.

Keep in mind GoFundMe could be used to raise money to pay legal costs of someone charged with a sexual offense or a registry violation. Can you imagine the hordes or people who will try to get it shut down if that happened? Would we want them to be successful?

As I said in the first comment, my biggest concern is that some people will see attacking registrants as a money making opportunity. That is very troubling, but other than that, I could care less if people want to throw away their money for that cause or if the guy gets the money.

Instead I see this as evidence that we can use. I would like to see how much this campaign raises and how many more comments suggesting violence appear. I want to point to this as proof that some people want to see harm done to registrants so badly they are willing to pay a lot of money to support it and therefore those on the registry are in undeniable danger.

This is my personal opinion, not NARSOL’s.