Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court – Discussion Continued

Anonymous

Snoopy,
I am sorry I confused you. The law I was referring to says while you are in prison your time DOES NOT COUNT. In the big scheme of things, even if they disallow your 6 month house arrest, 6 months is a small amount of time when we are talking about 10 years, 25 years or maybe 15 years. I truly wouldn’t worry about 6 months. In the big scheme of things, 6 months is one breathe. Yes the registry stinks, but not with the stress to fight over 6 months.
I can tell you I personally have Parole time that was served during my registry time and as of today, they have always counted it towards my limit, whatever they said it was.
I had a friend that was in the registry, went to jail on a non related registry charge, and when he got out, he had to bicker with them about the time he had in before he went to jail for the non related charge. They didn’t deny him the time, just didn’t count right.

I am not a lawyer but if I was you, I wouldn’t worry about 6 months. I know your are worried. The residency restrictions they are prosposing are scary. Remember, take a deep breathe, it will be ok. We are in this together. There is strength in numbers.