Reply To: PA state police arrests for sex offense registry infractions skyrocket

John Victor Ramses

I was accused of sexual assault by my former wife in Australia on 1 July 2010. I was immediately arrested, charged, jailed, with no investigation or further ado. I was alone then in Australia, and through it all I was never granted a lawyer. I faced a terrible, horrific trial all alone and was not allowed to put in my evidence. On August 12, 2010, I was convicted by the Australian jury. I then spent 6 1/2 years in prison for crimes I never committed. Finally released and deported back home to the USA, I learned I would be placed on the sex offender registry in my own country. Now, I’m scared, homeless, can’t work or get a place to live. It’s a terrible thing. I don’t even have opportunity to appeal my case for review of being listed on the registry. Out of fear and desperation, I created a web site in hopes of finding anyone at all who can help me to at least have my name and location concealed before something bad occurs to me. This registry stuff must be reformed!! And anyone who is convicted by a foreign legal system must be able to take his case to court here to determine whether it was fair or not fair. Thank you.