Reply To: 2 years later, still no action on Michigan’s Sex Offense Registry

Bobby

Hello Everyone,

Well as most of you know, The Michigan ACLU, filed a Class Action Lawsuit regarding Does v Snyder, well it was suppose to be heard in August, but now it has been pushed back to October, but I was bored today and as I was surfing the net, looking for news regarding Does v Snyder or the Class Action Lawsuit, I came across this https://www.michigan.gov/documents/corrections/DOM_2018-23_SORA_609801_7.pdf

Now correct me if I am wrong, but this states that Michigan is NOT suppose to be applying the 2006 and 2011 to registrants that convictions were before the Amendment’s were put into place. Now if this is true and this document/ Memorandum was sent out to ALL the agencies, why in the heck, did I have to follow the rules in March and June. I plan on taking this up to my local cop shop and asking them if they have received this even though they told me back in March that they did not receive anything in regards to Does v Snyder, and that they were enforcing the laws until otherwise notified.

WE as registrants were NOT sent this either, or at least I was not sent this information, and my conviction was in 1992, this little bit of info effects me greatly, on the other hand it effects other registrants as well, who’s convictions were before these amendments were made retroactive and put into place. I was also going to send it to the ACLU and ask why this memorandum is not be applied and enforced by local cop shops. So does anyone have any thought’s on this information, i’d love to hear your thoughts on this situation. Thanks in advance.