Reply To: America’s new pastime: Stomping on the underdog

Daniel Silverman

Hi Glen. Nope. Didn’t find it disrespectful at all. I do appreciate your concern, though. So, thank you. 🙂

I am sorry you’ve felt like you needed to hide away. I’ve been there and, for the most part, am still there. I’ve given up on most of my dreams and just simply want to be left alone to live the rest of life. I just want to be able to work and pay my bills and not feel anxious every day of my life. It’s a simple request and, quite frankly, the registry makes it very difficult to achieve. The Declaration of Independence, among other things, states this:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Yet the registry prevents those of us on it, while still being citizens of this nation, the ability to pursue happiness and we are, more often than not, deprived of our liberty and the ability to truly live.

Our Constitution states:

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

Yet, the scare tactics that our politicians and lawmakers use to create fear, especially concerning those of us on the registry, does nothing to “insure domestic tranquility”. The creation of the registry does nothing to “promote welfare” to either those on the registry or those not on it (as the population has been taught to fear us). And the creation of the registry does not bestow upon us, who are on the registry, any “blessings of liberty” as we have been deprived the right to live where we please, to go where we please, and, in many cases, to work as we please. The registry appears to be a violation of both the core of our Constitution and the very heart of our nations Declaration of Independence.

So, in the land of the free, we feel the need to hide so that we may simply live. And, frankly, that’s not much of a life. I struggle every day just to make ends meet. It wasn’t always this way, but the fact that I am publicly on the registry just about ensures that I can never achieve much more than struggling just to get by. It’s sad.