Reply To: Deadly collateral consequences of the “non-punitive” sex offender registry

James Coghill

Never forget that when someone attempts to draw everyone’s attention to some person because of some mistake they made in the past they are practicing the age old magicians trick of misdirection so you wont notice the far worse thing that they themselves are presently doing. When you identify someone like that turn your scrutiny and derision upon them and see what happens. They will get defensive, they will react with escalation or they will run away. My policy is to give them a taste of what they doing to others. Opposition doesn’t last long when you do. What are they going to do? Poke your eye out? And if they do send them to civil court. The point is that it is the biggest mistake in the world to think that because this has happened to you that you are powerless. You are not! All of us need to take the position of Gandhi when he said, “They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me. Then they will have my dead body, but not my obedience.” If we all took this position nothing can stop us. Honestly from what I have seen with my own eyes SO’s are the most obedient people in the world, they’ll let anyone push them around.