Reply To: Deadly collateral consequences of the “non-punitive” sex offender registry

George in Texas

Karl,
The Static-99R was, as I stated above, was one part of the reassessment tools that they used. I don’t know what other information they used to lower my risk level. As far as your opinion concerning the Static-99R, well, you’re certainly entitled to having and expressing that opinion. That doesn’t make you an expert on the subject though.

And you know what, I don’t really care a great deal what they used, the key thing for me was the fact that my risk level was reduced. There are some states exploring the possibility of removing low risk citizens from the public registry so I would think being proactive towards trying to lower one’s risk level would be a good thing. Right now I’ll take small victories.

I do know that they aren’t actively advertising this particular thing, I’m a member of Texas Voices and learned of it through them.

I do personally feel that the registry and pretty much everything associated with it is unjust and unconstitutional and will rejoice on the day that it is abolished.