Reply To: Breaking: Florida judge rules homeless sex offenders can be arrested

#40504
Avatar
Steven VAN SCOTER

The case Andy pointed out nullified local laws because the state already has laws govering restrictions for RSOs. Mainly it fall upon the Department of Community Supervision (Parole and probation). The lawsuit involved was challenged by a lv 1 offender who was not under supervision. Being from Buffalo, I followed the case and researched it extensively. Before the ruling, 93% of Buffalo was off limits to anyone on the registry, regardless if they were under supervision or not. Of the remaining 7%, most of that was industrial and contained no residential space. Where I found a place to live (after being released by parole) was only acceptable at the time because it’s a boarding house and most of the ppl living here are RSOs and some are still on paper.