Reply To: Breaking: Florida judge rules homeless sex offenders can be arrested

WC_TN

Maestro, you make an excellent point regarding the overuse and misuse of the term “pedophile”.

As you pointed out, pedophilia is sexual attraction to prepubescent children. There are people who have sexual attraction to prepubescent children who have never acted on that impulsive drive. How they have refrained I don’t know, but they are out there. Therefore, not every pedophile is a child molester.

Ephebophilia is sexual attraction to underage pubescent teens.

Shows like Law & Order: SVU have made armchair experts on pedophilia out of our entire population in the United States. I refuse to watch that show. The mentality behind it makes my blood boil with rage and resentment. The way suspected offenders are portrayed is totally erroneous. The dynamic between offender and victim they portray in every instance of child sexual abuse is false. The show glorifies ignoring the rights and dignity of suspected offenders. I’m sure you’ve seen how Detective Stabler likes to rough up offenders in the interrogation room. I got to a point to where the more I thought about what this show does the more I loathed and hated it. For many years now I refuse to watch a single second of it.