Reply To: NO kid — make that no ONE — belongs on a sex offense registry

Tim l!

Robin,
Hollow indeed is that phrase.

Free range kids, by L. S. Is a great site. The lady lives in NY and permits her young son to ride the subway by himself, that is without supervision from her or dad. I’d do the same with my twins. Her point seems to be, it develops her child’s understanding of the world by plain experience. Her son’s life depends upon her teaching him right and wrong, good behavior from bad behavior, not solely from what they’d taught him, but from what he sees in the subway. He sees it all as one might imagine goes on.

His fate is boundless because his parents have provided a way to live fearless! Without being convinced he WILL become a victim, he simply made aware and thereby appropriately wary.

I go a bit farther and train self defence. Too many soft kids in the house playing video games IMHO. Too many overweight kids. IM not saying piano lessons aren’t good too but it’s not helpful when being bullied or harassed by other(kids, kidnappers, touchers). Same goes for these Dorm or college sex assault. A small derringer would do the trick. Yes females SHOULD NOT be victimized, but in the real world it occurs. Most of the assaulting is by males but certainly not all. The question then comes to what culturally should be done with young male sexuality? JAIL THEM ALL?????

This is a conversation not really had outside of pure abstinence.. Which IMHO is unworkable…nuff said.