Reply To: International Travel

TM

Kevin,

The Maldives Islands are a dominate Muslim chain of islands, so you can imagine that there is a strict code of morals. So, I’m not sure how you will be greeted. From my own personal experiences Muslims are very warm and friendly people and it is a religious obligation that they treat guests with absolute warmness, respect, and care. If you get hassled by customs maybe you could tell them that part of your journey is to investigate the religion of Islam and that this may be your only trip to a Muslim country. Maybe ask one of them to take you to the Mosque because you are curious. Remember, this country is not America. If you asked a question like that in the US customs office it would be a different story, but in foreign countries it is not uncommon for you to make friends with govt officials and they become life long friends. I have many good friends all over the world at many airports because of this. Remember, be yourself, be honest, relax, and explain that you are just on vacation and want to enjoy their country and culture. Please let us know how the trip goes.

TM