Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

Concerned Registered Citizen

Brian, I received an ACT 10 letter to go register by 5/22/2018. My yearly Registration ten days are March 19 thru 29. I went the 29th. After my registration obligation, I received ACT 10 paperwork/copies for me to take with instead of the previous SORNA paperwork copies to take with. My SID # was still the same for the letter telling me to register by law of “felony prosecution” if I did not register by May 22, 2018 (which I did on the 29th of March to comply with both my previous SORNA yearly date and with ACT 10 at the same time, for “just in case” self protection and “comfort”…yeah whatever). My SID # was also still the same for my paperwork copies given to take after registration.

What I did find peculiar/unusual was my Offender Status said Active-Pending Review. Normally it only says Active (my guess is, if a person is non-compliant or confined it would probably say that instead).

Here is the breakdown on my paperwork per the numbers:
32. OFFENDER TYPE
TIER 1

33. TERM OF REGISTRATION
15 YEARS

34. APPEARANCE FREQUENCY
EVERY 12 MONTHS

35. OFFENDER STATUS
ACTIVE-PENDING REVIEW

I am a 10 year Pre-SORNA changed to 15 years after SORNA. I have my original 10 years completed. My last name is after the middle of the alphabet, but not near the end. I was considered Out of State due to my conviction place, but always a resident of PA and never a resident in any other State. I am a U.S. citizen. I do not register nor have been made to elsewhere. Also, I have not employed/retained any lawyers. I did however, sent a personal certified letter with return receipt (over a month ago) to Harrisburg PSP Megan’s Law Section respectfully asking details about my status while also acknowledging my awareness of the Muniz decision by the PA Supreme Court. I have proof the PSP got the letter, but I received no response back from that letter (good or bad response,…*exhaling sigh of relief in a way of gratefulness*). That is what I have done. Well,…that and my advocacy for rational sex offense laws of my own (pretty much research, educating myself with laws, talking to others when willing to listen… Or not!).

I wish all this experiences of mine all (or some of it) helps anyone with their individual situations.
**Disclaimer: Not legal advice, seek your own legal professional.**