Reply To: Abusing his authority, NC Sheriff goes “above and beyond” what the law allows

Hank

I am a registered citizen who lives in Santa Clarita California. I have a Masters degree but thanks to the sex offender list I am only able to get menial jobs, which has resulted in me living in my car. Last night the Gestapo (County Sheriff) woke me up in the middle of the night to “Make sure there is nothing funny going on.” What does that mean? The city would like everyone to believe Santa Clarita is a safe place to raise a family. However, that is not the reality. One only needs to check the local newspaper to read about the murders, robberies etc. But at least they know I’m quietly and innocently tucked in the backseat of my car.

I obey the laws and do everything required of me. Because I am homeless I am required to register every four weeks. This means taking off one afternoon per month, I wonder if that is part of the reason for my pending lay-off.

I’m not covering nay new ground here, every registered citizen knows how difficult it is just to survive. It is hard enough to sleep in a car in the street, I wish they would just leave me alone.