Reply To: Abusing his authority, NC Sheriff goes “above and beyond” what the law allows

Jim

Do yourself a favor and leave that backwoods state. I was there for about 2 weeks and it was one of those places that if you did something very small that puts you on the list, you are on for life. The sheriff in the county that I saw said “Welcome to the Bible Belt!” and I was put on their list for life and then I was like screw this! I just came from a state where I was a 15 yr. They were going to put me in jail for registering my son at school. My “offense” was against my now ex-wife. Her boyfriend, we were still married at the time which makes it worse, told her to go to the police because I pants’ed her and he didn’t like someone messing with his girl, even though she was still technically my wife. So I went to the brig, I was in the military and I got put on the list for this. I had a friend in NC give me a job as I was retiring and tried to see if I could get my life straightened out there. Nope!!! I was welcomed by their archaic laws and backwards thinking. My best advice for anyone in NC who has a chance to get out of that state, do it!! Move!! There are so many other places that aren’t as messed up as that place. And this article just goes to show the true colors of not living by the laws of the land and governance of God’s law of love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek and forgive and forget. You can do all of this but not to an TSO in the backwards south!!!