Reply To: Sexual offense facts needed. Hype? not so much

NH Registrant

I was recently watching the show ‘Daredevil’ on Netflix. But, I think I will stop watching it altogether. In BOTH of the 2 seasons I’ve been watching, they shoe-horned in a sex crime story. It made no sense to the plot or continuity. They just had to include it. I watched the entire season of The Punisher and there wasn’t a single reference to sex crimes in the whole season. But, yet, they just HAD TO put it in the Daredevil show.

This isn’t the first time I’ve been irritated by some show or movie that shoe-horned in a sex crime story. It’s SO irritating! It’s like the country is so completely obsessed with molestation and/or rape stories being included in TV and movies. I hate it. I don’t want to see it anymore. I already know it happens. I don’t excuse it. But, I am sick and tired of seeing it in everything I watch! WHY do they have to keep doing this? To keep the hysteria alive and well? When are we going to grow up as a species instead of always demonizing a specific group of people while excusing another? In these stories, it’s never a cop or a politician doing it – it’s always some poor person or a regular parent. I’m SICK of it!