Reply To: Sex offenders — decision needed

Citizen

Many of these Sex offenders live in areas that would never restore their voting rights, or allow them the use of a computer. Many are on probation for life. When you couple this with the overbearing weight of societies judgement and marginalization, i will admit it’s hard to even find a recourse like NARSOL.
However, I believe there are things that can be done about this. Most SO’s at least use the library for internet use, and putting ourselves in the public eye by using flyers and other ways of advertisement for our cause can spur peoples interests to find this site and organization. Also, filing law suits and petitioning states to restore voting rights to all felons once their sentence is satisfied will give more SO’s the inspiration to do better for themselves and fight for the liberties that we all deserve.
I think it’s a great idea to congregate in a single state or city and change things from a position of concentrated power. But, we also need to think about how our opposition would react to this phenomenon.
Your attitude and way of thinking though, seem to mirror The Harvey Milk movement in San Francisco. An honorable movement that helped establish civil liberties for another marginalized group of outcasts.