Reply To: NARSOL wants charges dropped against teacher

Maestro

I posted the following on another article on this site but this is the article I SHOULD have posted it on. I hope the mods will allow this re-post since it’s based on this topic and involves yet ANOTHER Connecticut “sex crime” story.
Mods: I added something to this original comment so it is kind of different from the one i posted a few moments ago…

Last night on the local news here in Connecticut, a 25 yr old security guard (hired from the high school from an outside guard company) was arrested and charged with 2nd degree sexual assault for having….

A CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH AN OVER LEGAL AGE STUDENT!! The student is 17 (legal age in CT is 16).

I’m sick of this nonsensical excuse about jobs being “positions of power”. IRRELEVANT!!!!
Two human beings (of legal age) are attracted to each other and that’s called HUMAN NATURE!!! All of the religious people of society encourage a MAN and a WOMAN to find each other and fall in love and procreate, right? RIIIIIGHT? But now it’s more important as to HOW or WHERE they meet than the importance that 2 people took a liking to each other in a NATURAL WAY?
So this man was a SECURITY GUARD…. HELLO! SECURITY GUARD!! How much “power” is there in doing a job that simply helps to stop hallway fights or trespassers onto the grounds? They don’t have the “power” to arrest anyone….they’re SECURITY GUARDS. No different than a BOUNCER at a bar!!!

The argument of “position of power” means NOTHING to me, so let’s not even go there. How about the school ask that he be sent somewhere else to work if he and the student are going to be involved romantically? Or the company he works for asks him to resign from his “authoritarian” position in order to continue with his relationship?

WHY ARE WE INVOLVING THE LAW IN A NATURAL THING SUCH AS HUMAN ATTRACTION?????

(added) To carry on with the argument of “position of power” and forcing people in certain jobs to “feel bad” for consensual relationships sounds a bit DICTATOR-ISH to me. No government has the right to dictate two consenting people that they cannot fall in love or just simply have a romantic fling (neither is anyone’s business but the 2 involved.)
If this is such a ‘problem’, the simple solution for the employer is to MOVE the person to another job site OR ask them to resign. NOT RUIN A LIFE PERMANENTLY!

17 and 25. A 25 yr old is no perfect human being and can be just as “immature” as a teenager. Unless perhaps none of YOU have ever been out in the REAL WORLD to see it for yourselves!
If Elvis Presley can be 24 and court a 14 yr old and then end up marrying her a couple of years later, who is to say these ‘May-December’ relationships wouldn’t end up the same way if law enforcement kept the f**k out of it!!???

This man’s life is now going to be RUINED forever!! He is going to be considered a “threat to public SAFETY” for a g*ddamn CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH AN ABOVE AGE TEEN!!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F**K ARE WE DOING IN THIS COUNTRY??????

ENOUGH!!! NARSOL, please get on this case the same as you’re doing for the 22 yr old track coach here in CT who is romantically involved with an 18 yr old!!!