Reply To: Sex offenders — decision needed

Tyrus Young

Jesus is quoted as saying “He who is without sin, cast the first stone” in reference to (essentially) a sex offender.
The media should be held liable for any reports from “anonymous” sources where personal harm is done. If the tattletale isn’t brave enough to stand up for their comments, then one must assume they have something to hide.

If society wishes to broaden sex abuse laws… consider charging accusers and the media responsible for publishing “facts” that are totally irrelevant to a person’s current situation. They are demeaning an individual through the repetition of “facts” for the purpose of using sex to gain profits. That is sexual abuse.

I, for one, am tired of being labeled a “sex offender”. It is true that 20 years ago I committed an act that was deemed to be a sex offense, however, that is not the life I lead today. Saying one is a sex offender implies a current condition. Words mean things and the usage of inaccurate nomenclature of an individual is as much a crime as anything I ever did.