Reply To: SCOTUS Denies to Hear Muniz

Brian

@Chuck
That’s awesome that you are so comfortable where you are, Once your done school and off the reg your all set my man, the sky’s the limit, I plan to do something once I’m off I really don’t want to do anything until then but that’s just me though I guess. So what I read on SB 631 has to do with T III offenders on probation or future offenders?

SENATE OF PENNSYLVANIA BILL SUMMARY
House Bill 631 Printer’s No. 668
Prime Sponsor: Representative Marsico Committee: Judiciary

SYNOPSIS
This bill amends Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) to provide for a mandatory period of probation consecutive to the sentences for Tier III sexual offenses.

Requires that a person convicted of a Tier III sexual offense (Section 9799.14(d)) be sentenced to a period of probation of three years consecutive to any other lawful sentence imposed by the court.Prohibits a court from imposing a lesser sentence on a Tier III sexual offender than the three-year probation term contained in this legislation.Permits supervision by the Board of Probation and Parole by special order of the court.

EFFECTIVE DARE
Effective in 60 days.

BILL HISTORY:
Passed the House of Representatives on April 3, 2017 by a vote of 189-9. Prepared by: Cawley 6/29/2017