To all RSO’s who still have time remaining on the registry – When HB 1952 go through govern’s desk and is signed. Please notice:
1. An individual subject to registration under previous ML’s sections shall appear at an approved registration site of the Pennsylvania State Police to update registration in person within 90 days of
the effective date of HB 1952.
2. This is for all that will remain on the registry – under HB 1952 until you file for a judicial determination to have Munzi apply to you under being pre-SORNA and have a court determine that and order that case by case. If you don’t do this when you still have time to do – You will have to keep registering under HB 1952. If you are done 10 years this do not apply to you Muniz got you off automatically – you guys are done and free to go on with your life.
3. Please read this slow and sure – An individual Under HB 1952 who committed an offense set forth under previous ML’s of 42 Pa.C.S. § 9799.55 on or after April 22, 1996, but before December 20, 2012, and whose period of registration as set forth in 42 Pa.C.S. § 9799.55 has not expired. (TIME NOT DONE)
Individuals who, before or after the effective date of this paragraph:
(A) Commits an offense subject to 42 Pa.C.S. Subch. H; but
(B) because of a judicial determination on or after the effective date of this section of the invalidity of 42 Pa.C.S. Subch. H, is not subject to registration as a sexual offender.
This last part is the judicial determination I been telling all about over the past few months. The only thing that can make HB 1952 invalidity is a judicial determination. (MUNIZ judicial determination is only applied to those who are complete Tens) All other Pre-SORNA people have to get their own judicial determination under HB 1952 page 109 lines 1 to 13
Please read it and be informed.
MUNIZ can help you if you speak up for your self and don’t want to be on the registry.
This may become the law soon. . . And it should be challenged.
The opposition will say to the court HB 1952 is a CIVIL COLLATERAL CONSEQUENCE WITH NO PUNITIVE ELEMENTS OF PUNISHMENT.
That is not true. In your judicial determination state the punitive elements
1. Shaming by website posting
2. Lack of due process hearing to be even be put on HB 1952
3. Ex post facto retroactive application of HB 1952 on pre-SORNA people
4. Vest rights under MUNIZ are being ignored – HB 1952 robs you of Muniz -decision protection as “vested rights”
The PASC gave MUNIZ decision for a reason that the Pa. Legislature don’t want to follow – so the Pa. Legislature changed the rules in light of what the PASC has said in MUNIZ.