Reply To: SCOTUS Denies to Hear Muniz

chuck

My friend wanted me to work out with him. So I was like “ok. Let’s go”. We get there and he tells the front desk lady that I am his guest. Everything goes smoothly. I decide to join a few weeks later. I am filling out the paperwork and there is a young mom signing up as well. The lady at the desk tells the young mother that she has nothing to worry about since they do not allow those disgusting sex offenders in. I said, “that is not true”. The front desk lady looks at me in a disapproving way and finishes up with the young mother. She informed me that I am wrong. I said “No. I know you don’t check because I am a sex offender”. The look on her face was priceless. She started panicking and screaming at me that I needed to leave. I said I am a member, I can be here.
Turns out, they do screen members for sex offenses. Somehow my application got overlooked. They tried to keep my dues for the month. I said you allowed me in, I want my money back, or access to the club. They finally gave my money back. Took 2 months.