Reply To: SCOTUS Denies to Hear Muniz

Snoopy

I interviewed for a job where the application asked if you had any felony convictions within the past 5 years. At that point I had my felony conviction, but it was over 5 years so I checked no. I was brought back in for a 2nd interview and offered the job. I was introduced to everyone. They showed me where my new office was going to be. That was on a Friday. Over the week-end someone must have googled my name and seen me on the registry because when I called the HR person about forms I was supposed to fill out and e-mail back he wouldn’t answer or return my call. When I e-mailed him he said that the SPECIFIC job that I had been offered was now eliminated for another job (basically the same job) that I was able to apply for if I was interested. Even though the Vice-President had walked me around introduced me, given me an office, salary, and start date that there had been no formal written offer, and PA is an at will state.

So in that instance I did not lie to them about my conviction, and I figured if they cared about convictions they didn’t have to have the 5 year limit on it… but that stupid registry still took it away from me.