Reply To: SCOTUS Denies to Hear Muniz

Tod

@Henry, we do not want the 10th to over turn Matsch’s decision, we want them to agree with it, this has several affects – from what I understand – that it agrees with the 6th circuit, which SCOTUS also agreed with by not hearing, which may tip the table enough for SCOTUS to finally hear and decide on the registry. If they over turn it, or parts of it, it may be very difficult, if not impossible for it to go back to SCOTUS – but I guess it is possible, and then maybe once and for all they determine our fate. But if they uphold it, then it will be up to the state/AG to take it to SCOTUS, and that is a crap shoot at this time. Matsch’s ruling was strong in many ways including quoting from things a long time ago. From what I also understand, that this ruling was only for a few people, and would apply only to them, but would set the table for everyone else. As hard as it was for me to hear, no matter what happens, as mentioned with PA and other cases, this one will be YEARS before anything is completely decided, if it ever is before I die. I still have several years of my min 10 before I can petition (mine dates back to 2002), I may hit that before anything happens on this level – UNLESS, there are other cases that are ex post facto in the 10th or nationally – Matsch’s ruling was on the registry as a whole, not just ex post facto – huge difference. Either way, it all sucks and will be a very long time before most of us are truly free.