Reply To: NARSOL’s Vander Wall selected as JLUSA Fellow

Tim Lawver

Robin,

I am sure congratulations are in order on your selection, most happily I send mine to you.

When it comes to reform in this arena you will be met with much resistance from those interested in maintaining the status quo. There are some huge players whos financial future is tied directly to policies that incarcerate as many as possible, as it is inherent in their bottom line. I am not sure who benefits from the making felons out of those who are not, but through DNA exonerations we know it has been happening for quite some time.

FAIR TRIALS are fundamental to any society that claims liberty as a worthy end. Liberty is under threat and you will make a fine advocate for its preservation, even for the worst of citizens. Good luck Robin.

Circa 1993 the FED, decided it was OK to indenture individuals to machines AND their maintenance. I thought sure SCOTUS would reject the idea, but I was naive and idealistic. I had no idea how corrupted our justice system had become. A denial most Americans live in today thinking it could not happen to them or a loved one. They are so wrong about that.