Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

chuck

I believe Muniz answered Pa’s concern of how this decision conflicts with federal law. I do not think they will need the U.S. Solicitor General to weigh in. So they should have all the information they need to make a decision. There have been unconfirmed rumors that if Muniz is denied by SCOTUS, the Pa General will adjust 1952 to reflect that. How I have no idea.
I can understand why people fear living next to a sex offender. As human beings, most of us are social beings. We tend to know our neighbors and hang out with them socially. The fear is a sex offender will use that opportunity to gain the trust of the family or child to eventually molest the child.
I read online that the growing problem is not “sex offenders” but those that sympathize with the offender. Such as a lover or family member of the offender. Just because someone loves you no matter what does that mean they are a problem. They want to take away a sex offender’s support system so they will have an excuse on why they need to be locked up.
The solution we need is compassion, not hatred. After all the role of the Justice system is to punish AND to forgive. Thoughts from anyone?