Reply To: Pennsylvania Legislature attempts to “fix” unconstitutional law

Brian

@Paul
Artical 1 section 17 of the Pennsylvania constitution states, No ex post facto law, nor any law impairing the obligation of contracts, or making irrevocable any grant of special privileges or immunities, shall be passed. They can pass the law and apply it all they want to but as you can see it violates the Pennsylvania constitution, yes it may not be punitive but is still considered ex post facto, even though SORNA is punitive it was still ex post facto because it was applied to people who already had a plea agreement or people like Muniz who committed there crime and charged pre SORNA, I never agreed in my plea agreement to even register, I shouldn’t even be in this mess because the judge clearly states in the transcript that the court is not recommending mr me to register as a sex offender, I just learned of this when I learned of Muniz by then I said why challenge it we will be off soon enough now. Anyway Paul, I’m not trying to argue, if I’m wrong which I have been then I am wrong, but what I read in the constitution makes sense to me that ex post facto is illegal because it violates the constitution. Correct me if I’m wrong I won’t be offended, we’re all in this mess together and God willing we will all get off this monstrosity together.