Reply To: Give me your cold and homeless — but not your cold, homeless sex offenders

Michael Rieder

Thanks, Fred, for your questions. It seemed to me a broad stroke of stereotyping the church mentioned (that would not house registered citizens in their church), without first inquiring further—-as Mig did. There is always more to the story. It sounded more like this church would have been willing to consider housing a registered citizen-IF the law did not prohibit it, and yes, if this church had a safety plan in place for this. We all must remember that churches do have to obey the laws of the land-which by the way is clearly spelled out in the Bible.

Speaking for myself, I would like to see NARSOL make sure to give full and unbiased reporting, and to make sure to know WHY the church was taking this position. And, then we can be the respectful ambassadors to the churches that have no clue what to do about this moral discrepancy/discrimination of registered citizens.

Happy New Year to all-one more day and one more year moving toward more freedom,less oppression for registered citizens!