Reply To: Give me your cold and homeless — but not your cold, homeless sex offenders

Sandy Rozek
Sandy Rozek
Admin

As the writer of the article, I would like to make a few additional comments on the subject of whether or not I was being unfair to the church involved.

I did do research before writing this. I did not call the church, which admittedly would have given me yet another perspective among others, but I researched the state laws. I found conflicting information, so I called the Alabama Registry Office, and after my questions and being put on hold and talking to several different people was told that only those registrants on some form of community supervision would be excluded under emergency situations. It was clear from the article that the exclusions were being applied to everyone with “sex offender” attached to their name.

I by no means intended to indicate an indictment of Christianity. I am the first to defend those of the Christian faith, myself included, as being most vocal and pro-active in fighting the public sex offender registry and all that it has spawned.

Thanks to those who are concerned that what NARSOL prints is factual and honest. No one is more concerned that that is true than those of us at NARSOL. I am most definitely taking to heart the concerns and comments. Thank you all for your support.

P.S. And my contention is still that if the facility in question was not able to offer totally unrestricted shelter to everyone who came that they should not have made such statements to the press.