Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

Chuck

I had people come into my workplace and while I was there working pull one of my employees (I was a mgr) to the side and tell them they need to call my boss and tell them my charges. My employees would tell them the big boss already knows.
I was dating a woman that was working at a gas station. I dropped her off at work one day. Becuase of the job I held when I was arrested a lot of people were upset and know me by sight even though it’s been almost 10 years. Her boss threatened to fire her becuase she was dating a sex offender. She said you don’t know what happened, you don’t know him personally, so stay out of our relationship. We ended breaking up becuase her family couldn’t accept my status as a sex offender. I couldn’t make her choose beeteeen me and her family. I would of been miserable.
My point is we can’t let people harass us just becuase we are sex offenders. I had people tell me I don’t care if you did it or not. that is in the past. You did your time. You have moved on. Show some adult maturity and realize you don’t have to be friends with someone to work with, or do business with them. Or even just live in the same town.
I have met so many people that I wouldn’t of met if I didn’t end up in legal trouble. I can hoesntly say going to jail made me more mature. It made me respect my privacy more. Gave me the ability to shower and not even care who is there. Just do what you need to do and move on.