Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

Chuck

Becuase with PSP you have to put in 10 full years and not just 10 calendar years. For example, I started in 2010 and my 10th year is 2020. Which means from 2020 to 2021 if I move or change my info, I have to report it. Almost done, just as soon as everything is finished with Muniz, hopefully.
I knew guys that were less than a week away to be finished, when SORNA kept them on for another 15 years. One guy in the area was fighting becuase his last day was suppose to be 12/20/12. I remember when I first got my paperwork, I didn’t pay attention to it becuase I was so sure it didn’t apply to me. Luckily, for me, my GF at the time had the patience to read all of the paperwork. I was furious.
Being on the registry isn’t as bad as it use to be. I can remember I had neighbors all they did was check the registry every day or two. Then they would make flyers to pass out if they found someone new in the neighborhood. Now, they don’t do that. The cops got on them for harassing people who just wanted to move on with their lives.
I love it when they call the police to report I am “not in compliance” becuase I live with my niece and nephew and the cops come out to tell them It is 100% legal. In fact, they are the ones tht could end up in jail becuase it is a felony to threaten someone on the registry.